Do you love cookies, cookie dough, or any kind of desserts? If so, this new hot spot in NYC might be just for you. It’s called DO, Cookie Dough Confections & it’s exactly what the name suggests – edible cookie dough served like ice cream! ?
I was in NYC for a quick weekend trip & decided I had to check this place out. It recently moved to a new location in Greenwich Village close to NYU & has been the talk of the foodie scene ever since.
First, let me break it down for you – I tried to go Saturday night around 8pm & I backed out seeing the line was at least 200 people deep. I thought if I returned Sunday morning when it opened I’d be golden. Well, I was wrong & I returned Sunday around 11:15am (they open at 10am) & the line was already pretty long. I wasn’t backing away this time – I came for cookie dough & I was gonna get it. So, we joined in line & waited…& waited…& waited… 1.5 hrs to be exact!
So, what’s all the hype & is it really worth the wait??
I’m even surprising myself with this answer but YES it’s totally worth it! I had the chocolate chip cookie dough & it was just like eating the batter at home. Everything I imagined it would be & more!
Here’s everything you need to know & pictures of the long line, cute storefront & yummy cookie dough. Don’t forget to read my overall rating at the end!
- Be prepared to wait in line – service is slow, everyone samples different flavors & one person will order 10 things for their friends.
- I would suggest going on a weekday if you actually live in the city & can stop by anytime. Don’t brace the weekend traffic if you don’t have to.
- They run out of the special flavors quickly – brownie blast & a few others were already gone when I got there. They are churning through batter in the back but can’t keep up. Once sold out they close for the first day.
- The one scoop is plenty – unless you want to try out multiple flavors stick with one scoop. It looks small but trust me it’s enough.
- It’s served like ice cream – in a cup or cone – but it’s room temperature.
- They charge $4 for 1 scoop, $7 for 2 scoops, $9 for 3 scoops.
- Other items on the menu include cookies, ice cream sandwiches & actual ice cream but the dough is the favorite.
- There’s select seating for about 6-8 people but it’s crowded so don’t expect to sit & eat inside.
- If you are taking an Uber be aware that if you just type Cookie Do into your destination you will end up at the old location! Type in the address manually.